Phnom Penh is located in the south-central of Cambodia, surrounded by Kandal province. Before the 1960s, the capital was known as the "Pearl of Asia" and it remains the largest city in Cambodia. It is also the centre of Cambodia's politics, economy and it’s industrial heart, while also a leading light for local culture and tourism.
The total area of Phnom Penh city is 692.46 square kilometers and the city consists of fourteen administrative divisions (Khans), with a total population of just over 1.5 million in 2019. The Khans are further broken down into 105 Sangkats (quarters), and subdivided into 953 phums (villages). and the capital is a base for the headquarters of most of the (multitudinous) NGOs that operate in the country.
SCC is a local NGO with headquarter an address located on the Street 107 BT, Boeung Tumpun 1 Commune, Meanchey District, Phnom Penh. Have an officially recognized by the Office of the Council of Ministers on 20 August 1994 and further recognized by the Ministry of Interior on 7 November 2008.
II- Project implementation
A-Project to be implemented for 3 years from 2019 to 2021 (I-Help Project)
B-The main projects to be implemented are as follows:
Objective 1: Health Care
Treatment and prevention services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and for those at increased risk of contracting HIV are increasingly being used.
Objective 2: Food and Income Security
The food and income situation of marginalized families with HIV-positive members is improved.
Objective 3: Education
Children living with HIV and children from families with HIV-positive members enjoy equal educational opportunities as children from families without HIV infection.
III- Target group
- People living with HIV/AIDS, people with unstable and high needs.
- Orphans and vulnerable children affected by HIV.
- Families of people living with HIV and AIDS.
- The general population at risk in the community and other vulnerable groups.
IV- Place of Action
The activities of SCC doing focus 02 main locations for the following:
Location 1: Boengkak slum area located Srah Chak Commune, Doun Penh District, Phnom Penh city.
Location 2: Sensok area most of SCC beneficiaries, they were the former from a slum area in Phnom Penh had move to Khmounh Commune, Sensok District, Phnom Penh City.
V- Activities that are implemented
1.To preventative education, and basic health care to supports those who living with HIV/AIDS through our staff and volunteer in the target areas of community work as:
- Visit the patient’s home and encourage them to get a service as well as Medicare for new and old patients who get serious health, lifestyle and family problems.
- To find and encourage the patients who missed appointment or those who cancel a compromise to get regular service.
- To inspire and motivate the effected groups to volunteer for blood tests by educating to the target communities or individuals.
- Send the effected family for blood test at health center by support travel expenses from the community to the health centre or go with them to help facilitating.
- Send the test taker to confirm blood at VCCT by intervening of CRS staff or VCCT staff.
- To follow up, encourage and motivate the patients to receive health services regularly.
2.Food and income security of the patient effected follow by:
- To provide the nutrition package, repair or build temporary shelter for special cases.
- Share the condolences and offers the package fund to the patient or the family member life's issues.
- Strengthening the family’s cultivation to solve daily needed as well as family's planning.
3.Strengthening education of children in the effected families, and the patients by:
- To facilitative children’s enrollment and whose drop-outs of school.
- Stimulation and encourage parents to give an opportunities to study regularly at school.
- Intervention of various services for children go to school and be safe.