Siemreap province it borders the provinces of Oddar Meanchey to the north, Preah Vihear and Kampong Thom to the east, Battambang to the south, and Banteay Meanchey to the west, and Phnom Penh Capital to the Northwest for the distance 317 km through national Road 6. Its capital and largest city is Siem Reap.
Siemreap is the 10th largest province in Cambodia. Having reached a population of one million in 2019, it ranks as the nation's fourth most populous province. A large portion of Siem Reap's southern border is demarcated by the Tonle Sap and as such, it is one of the nine provinces that making up the Tonle Sap Biosphere Reserve. In modern times the province is best known as the site of Angkor and the Angkor Watt temple ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also the home of Banteay Srei, Roluos (temples), the UNESCO tentative site of Beng Mealea and the UNESCO tentative site of Phnom Kulen National Park.
II- Project implementation
A- Project to be implemented for 3 years from 2019 to 2021 (I-Help Project)
B- The main projects to be implemented are as follows:
Objective 1: Health Care
Treatment and prevention services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) and for those at increased risk of contracting HIV are increasingly being used.
Objective 2: Food and Income Security
The food and income situation of marginalized families with HIV-positive members is improved.
Objective 3: Education
Children living with HIV and children from families with HIV-positive members enjoy equal educational opportunities as children from families without HIV infection.
III- Target group
- People living with HIV/AIDS, people with unstable and high needs.
- Orphans and vulnerable children affected by HIV.
- Families of people living with HIV and AIDS.
- The general population at risk in the community and other vulnerable groups.
IV- Place of Action
The activities of SCC doing in Siemreap province collaborated with 01 Operational Districts (OD) and cover 04 districts include 1) Siemreap District 2) Prasat Bakong District 3) Beanteaysrey District. 4) Angkor Thom District. Among of these four districts we are focus 02 main locations for the following:
Location 1: Made in Hospital at Siemreap Province. Activities to be performed over there is focused on the fundamental incentives and provide nutrition package to the poorest patients from different areas who are just aware of their disease status upon arrival at the hospital.
Location 2: Collaborate with Siemreap Operational District (OD), which has 29 health centres, covering 33 communes and 232 villages. The main activities focus on motivating and encouraging high-risk target groups in case of suspicion to promote them for a blood test for HIV with the support funds for travel and other interventions depending on the situation.
V- Activities that are implemented
1. To preventative education, and basic health care to supports those who living with HIV/AIDS through our staff and volunteer in the target areas of community work as:
- Visit the patient’s home and encourage them to get a service as well as Medicare for new and old patients who get serious health, lifestyle and family's problems.
- To find and encourage the patients who missed appointment or those who cancel a compromise to get regular service.
- To inspire and motivate the effected groups to volunteer for blood tests by educating to the target communities or individuals.
- Send the effected family for blood test at health center by support travel expenses from the community to the health centre or go with them to help facilitating.
- Send the test taker to confirm blood at VCCT by intervening of CRS staff or VCCT staff.
- To follow up, encourage and motivate the patients to receive health services regularly.
2. Food and income security of the patient effected follow by:
- To provide the nutrition package, repair or build rehabilitation service for special cases.
- Share the condolences and offers the package fund to the patient or the family member life's issues.
- Strengthening the family’s cultivation to solve daily needed as well as family's planning.
3. Strengthening education of children in the effected families, and the patients by:
- To facilitative children’s enrollment and whose drop-outs of school.
- Stimulation and encourage parents to give an opportunities to study regularly at school.
- Intervention of various services for children go to school and be safe.